Cold Steel's 1796 Light Cavalry Saber is inspired by the iconic swords used by the British and their Prussian allies at the Battle of Waterloo. Its distinctive blade profile is considered by some to have been derived from the Indian Talwar, and it gained such popularity that it remained in use by the German Cavalry until the beginning of the 20th century!
But this is more than just an historically inspired showpiece - it's a high-quality modern saber that is fully capable of passing the famous British Proof Test for quality and durability.
It comes with a fully sharpened forward edge and your choice of a wood and leather scabbard with steel mounts and fittings or a traditional all-steel scabbard.
- Blade material: 1055 high carbon steel.
- Overall length: approx. 95.9 cm.
- Blade length: approx. 83.8 cm.
- Blade thickness: approx. 8 mm.
- Handle length: approx. 12.1 cm.
- Weight: approx. 970 g.
- Incl. wood and leather scabbard with steel fittings.
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.