Mainstay of the Highland warriors of the late 15th and 16th centuries, the Claymore had a uniquely styled hilt that sets it apart from other great swords of the period.
Typically of hand-and-a-half length, this versatile weapon could deliver great sweeping slashes or powerful thrusts.
Replicated from a surviving museum piece the Hanwei Claymore is classic in its design, with distinctive sloping quillons terminating in quatrefoils and a high-collared quillon block with langets following the blade fuller.
The leather-covered grip is topped by a globate pommel.
Originally carried slung on the back, the Claymore matches perfectly with a back scabbard (e.g. item no. MW0101050600).
This is is the normal, plain version of the Hanwei Claymore sword.
Also available HN-SH2060N Scottish Claymore Antiqued Finish
- Authentic styling.
- Fully functional.
- Excellent balance.
- Total length: approx. 139 cm.
- Blade Length: approx. 104 cm.
- Handle Length: approx. 35 cm.
- Blade material: Springsteel 60CrMnA.
- Hardness 48 - 52 HRC.
- Weight: approx. 2.210 kg.
- Point of Balance: approx. 18 cm.
- Point of Harmonics: approx. 79 cm.
- Width at Guard: approx. 4.50 cm.
- Width at Tip: approx. 3.25 cm.
- Thickness at Guard: approx. 0.60 cm.
- Thickness at Tip: approx. 0.40 cm.
- Hanwei product code: SH2060.
Specs will vary slightly from piece to piece.
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.