King Gustav II Adolf (1594-1632) was monarch of Sweden from 1611 to 1632. In 1630, as a defensive manoeuvre, he entered the Thirty Years' War to secure the Swedish state and church from danger. An excellent military tactician, Gustav led an army of unusual quality, and his position was strengthened by alliances with France, Brandenburg and Saxony. At Lützen in 1632, the Swedes defeated Albrecht W.E. von Wallenstein's army, but King Gustav was fatally wounded in battle.
The Hanwei Gustav Rapier (Product No. SH2206) replicates the weapon wielded by this great King.
The shell guard of this rapier is unusual but effective. The rapier features classical lines, with a high carbon steel flex-tempered blade, a stainless steel hilt (for reduced maintenance) with blade catcher-quillons and a twisted-wire grip. The hilt is of the same size as the original, providing an authentic feel in the user's hand, and the weight and balance also match the original piece.
This antiqued version of the Gustav Rapier features a hilt finish developed by Hanwei that allows a museum-quality patina to be applied to stainless steel while the non-corroding properties of the steel are retained. This finish is very attractive and gives an authentic appearance to the sword.
The blade is interchangeable with the Hanwei Practical blade (Product No. OH2255) which is designed for safety in rapier sparring.
A matching Main Gauche (Product No. SH2209N) is available as well and may also be equipped with a sparring blade.
Made by Hanwei.
- Forged high carbon steel blade.
- Leather scabbard included.
- Excellent balance.
- Blade material: high carbon steel, flex-tempered.
- Overall length: approx. 114.9 cm.
- Blade length: approx. 93 cm.
- Weight: approx. 1049 g.
- Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm from the guard.
- Point of harmonics: approx. 71.1 cm.
- Blade width at guard: approx. 1.9 cm.
- Blade width at tip: approx. 1 cm.
- Blade thickness at guard: approx. 6.4 mm.
- Blade thickness at tip: approx. 2.5 mm.
- Incl. leather scabbard.
- The regular version of this rapier is also available (Product No. HN-SH2206).
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.