This hand-made Viking Age knife (Seax) features a sharpened 256-layer Damascus steel blade. The bottom third of the wooden handle is crafted from bone and adorned with a handsome knot pattern. The grip's butt and collar are made of brass. Delivery includes a beautiful tanned leather sheath with ornate brass fittings. The suspension system consists of two carrying rings, a strap divider and three leather straps. Such split strap suspension systems were quite widespread in the Viking Age. The strap divider was designed to allow for an optimal positioning of each individual strap, so that the sword or the seax could hang from the belt at the perfect angle to be drawn from its sheath quickly.
Please note that, as the blade is sharp and fully functional, this knife is designed as a collector's or decoration piece and not suited for combat reenactment!
- Blade material: Damascus steel (256 layers), sharp edge.
- Handle material: wood and animal bone.
- Overall length: approx. 33 cm.
- Blade length: approx. 20 cm.
- Weight: approx. 215 g (approx. 315 g with sheath).
- Leather-and-brass sheath with hanger.
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.