This high-quality, hand-made Viking Age knife is modeled after an original find from Gotland (Sweden, ca. 9th/10th century). The hand-forged high carbon steel blade was sharpened, and the oxide scale layer was left on the flats, lending the knife a rustic appearance. Like many typical Gotlandic knives form the Viking period, the top part of the walnut wood handle terminates in a bone ring and a brass collar. The grip's butt with convenient eyelet (for threading a lanyard or drawing the knife from its sheath) is also made of brass. The beautiful tanned leather sheath with ornate brass fittings is equipped with a generously sized suspension ring allowing for comfortable belt carry.
Please note that, as the blade is sharp and fully functional, this knife is designed as a collector's or decoration piece and not suited for combat reenactment!
- Blade material: high carbon steel (not stainless!), sharp edge.
- Handle material: walnut wood and animal bone with brass ends.
- Overall length: approx. 25 cm.
- Blade length: approx. 12 cm.
- Max. blade width: approx. 2.5 cm.
- Weight: approx. 160 g (approx. 330 g with sheath).
- Leather-and-brass sheath with carrying ring.
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.