The falchion is a single-edge sword which was mainly used by foot soldiers from the high and late Middle Ages up to the Renaissance.
With this product the Ulfberth forge offers a blunt practical replica of a late-medieval Falchion which is suitable for re-enactment and featuring a very good price performance ratio.
The hand-forged spring-steel balde is oilhardened and well tempered to a Rockwell hardness of approx. 48-50 HRC.
It's forged up to the tang and peened with the pommel.
The wooden grip is wrapped with leather-lace.
The Guard is forged from mild-steel.
The blade has got a distinctive fuller which offers both flexibility and a lesser weight.
The edges are blunt and the tip is rounded for safety.
Each of our Flachions is intricately crafted by hand.
The sword comes with a matching leather scabbard.
- Battle-ready Sword Category : SK-B.
- Blade material: Spring-steel EN45, tempered.
- Rockwell hardness of blade: approx. 48-50 HRC.
- Total length: approx. 83 cm.
- Blade length: approx. 64.5 cm.
- Width at guard: approx. 4.2 cm.
- Blade thickness: approx. 4 mm.
- Edge of the blade: 2 mm, lightly rounded.
- Point of balance: approx. 10 cm from guard.
- Including matching leather scabbard.
- Weight: approx. 1150 g.
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.
This is an orginal ULFBERTH® product