Long extolled as the pinnacle of rapier design, the Spanish or Cup-Hilt rapier undoubtedly combined style and function very effectively in 17th century Europe. The very best of these weapons featured beautifully pierced cups and pommels and Paul Chen of Hanwei has replicated these to perfection and combined them with an elegantly tapered high carbon steel blade in Hanwei's Taza Rapier (the name comes from the French, who called this style à la Taza).
A leather-covered scabbard is included.
Made by Hanwei.
- Elegantly tapered high carbon steel blade.
- Pinnacle of rapier design.
- Leather-covered scabbard included.
- Overall length: approx. 117.5 cm.
- Blade length: approx. 97.2 cm.
- Weight: approx. 936 g.
- Point of balance: approx. 12.7 cm from the guard.
- Point of harmonics: approx. 50.8 cm.
- Blade width at guard: approx. 1.9 cm.
- Blade width at tip: approx. 1.0 cm.
- Blade thickness at guard: approx. 6.4 mm.
- Blade thickness at tip: approx. 2.5 mm.
- Incl. leather-covered scabbard.
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.