The Landsknechte were the notorious, mostly German mercenaries of the late 15th / 16th century. Beside their primary weapons (the pike and the so-called Katzbalger short sword), they often carried a dagger as a secondary weapon.
This beautiful late medieval dagger features a hardened spring steel blade which was tempered to a Rockwell hardness of approx. 48-50 HRC. It is full-tanged and has a generously sized fuller. The steel guard slightly curves towards the blade and is composed of three quillons with ball-shaped finials. The elegant wooden grip is capped with an equally stylish steel pommel. The handsome vegetable tanned leather sheath is equipped with a belt loop.
The blade's blunt edges and rounded tip make this Landsknecht dagger ideal for combat reenactment, stage fighting or sparring.
-Battle-ready Sword Category : SK-B.
- Blade material: spring steel, tempered.
- Rockwell hardness: approx. 48-50 HRC.
- Handle material: wood and steel.
- Overall length: approx. 43 cm.
- Blade length: approx. 31 cm.
- Guard width: approx. 12 cm.
- Weight: approx. 570 g (approx. 640 g with sheath).
- Leather sheath with belt loop.
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.