This hand-made Viking Age knife features a sharpened 256-layer Damascus steel blade. The wooden handle is a real eye-catcher: The top part is crafted from bone and adorned with a handsome motif of Hugin and Munin (or Huginn and Muninn), Odin's two messenger ravens. In Norse mythology, the ravens flew over Asgard and Midgard and returned to the Allfather of the Gods every evening to tell him everything they had seen and heard. The grip terminates towards the blade with a red spacer and a brass collar. The butt is composed of brass rings separated by red layers and a brass butt cap with convenient eyelet (for threading a lanyard or drawing the knife from its sheath).
The beautiful tanned leather sheath with ornate brass fittings is equipped with a suspension ring allowing for comfortable belt carry.
Please note that, as the blade is sharp and fully functional, this knife is designed as a collector's or decoration piece and not suited for combat reenactment!
- Blade material: Damascus steel (256 layers), sharp edge.
- Handle material: wood and animal bone.
- Overall length: approx. 16 cm.
- Blade length: approx. 6.5 cm.
- Weight: approx. 40 g (approx. 100 g with sheath).
- Leather-and-brass sheath with carrying ring.
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.