Reconstruction of a Spangenhelmet with nasal, as it was popular with Vikings and Normans during the 10th and 11th Century.
The long nasal is handmade from approx. 4 mm strong steel to withstand even the strongest strokes. It is riveted to the calotte.
Both halves are welded together.
Furthermore four strap fittings (Spangen) are riveted to the helmet to strengthen it.
This manufacture ensures high robustness and good protection in battle.
The helmet has a riveted, adjustable, high-class padded liner with solid chin strap from leather and a brass buckle.
- Head circumference: up to 63 cm.
- Long distance (back to front): approx. 22cm.
- Short distance (ear to ear): approx. 19.5 cm.
- Material thickness: calotte approx. 1.6 mm, nasal approx. 4 mm, Spangen approx. 1.2 mm.
- riveted liner and chin strap from cowhide.
- Weight: approx. 2.9 kg.
Shipping time: 7 to 14 Days.